Monday, January 29, 2007

Wine and dine at The Bunkhouse, Kelowna



As Wine and Dine festival is going on in the Okanagan (only few days left..finishes on 4th Feb'07), I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and indulge myself in a sumptuous three course meal. There were quite a few options and making an appropriate choice was a little difficult. I sat in front of the computer with my husband for half an hour trying to find out the best deal. Ultimately we zeroed on Mahdinas since neither of us had tried it before and their wine and dine special menu looked tempting. Unfortunately when we called the place to make a reservation we realised that they are not open on Sunday evenings so we decided to go for 'The Bunkhouse Bar and Grill'. We were excited to go to The Bunkhouse because they had an interesting menu. The appetizer included grilled vegetable Bruschetta which was really yummy as it was seasoned with asiago cheese. Another appy that we ordered was Chicken wings which can be had in several different flavours like BBQ, teriyaki, honey and garlic, etc and the amount of wings...wow!! One thing that I didnt enjoy was their dessert but then again I don't prefer 'Brulee' as a dessert. The main entree included crusted half rack of lamb whose very sight was mouth watering and taste absolutely delicious. However, Restaurant was not at all busy and I wondered if Kelowna people actually drove all the way upto K.L.O road to visit that restaurant. My Husband,Manoj informed me that since the restuarant is attached with Orchards green golf course it really gets going in the summer especially during breakfast time. Satisfied with my dinner at 'The Bunkhouse' except for the dessert, I can't wait to try their breakfast.


BY THE WAY IF YOU ARE A FOODIE LIKE ME, CHECK OUT SOME COOL RECIPES at: Indian food
You can also subscribe to my you tube channel at: eateastindian

1 comment:

RennyBA said...

Hello from Norway and thanks for adding me as contact at MyBlogLog!
You really have a great blog - I love traveling too:-)