Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happening Hangout "Kelly O' Brien's"


It was a chilly Friday evening and as I had been shopping for about two hours, I was a little hungry. Manoj, my husband suggested that we go and check out Kelly O'Brien's, one of the most happening hangouts in downtown Kelowna. As I entered the pub, it smelled like Lays' potato chips and since it was jam-packed we had to wait for about ten minutes before we were seated. I discovered that since this place is located close to the lake, has a rooftop patio, has variety of specials throughout the week and is not expensive that it has become one of the hot favourites of the locals. Servers dressed in Irish style kilts look pretty impressive. Kelly O'Briens claims that Pachos is their original invention. Believe me, they actually have the best Pacho's found anywhere in the world. You can also enjoy two appetizers for the price of one (after nine) and there is plenty to choose from. So, if you happen to be in Kelowna and crave for Irish-style food, head straight for Kelly O' Briens.

Here is the address :-
Kelly O'Briens Neighborhood Pub
262 Bernard Ave., Kelowna
Phone: (250)861-1338

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pachos are SOO good! I love that emerald isle sauce they come up with. Even better with double the cheese.

Anonymous said...

i agree with the person above me, Pachos can only be truely enjoyed with extra cheese. and forget about dipping in sauce, just pour it over the top for the best all over coverage.