Monday, January 08, 2007

Fine dining at Bouchons Bistro, Kelowna


Are you fond of french cuisine? If yes, then your search for a fancy french restaurant will end at Bouchons Bistro. Bouchons is one of the best and finest dining places in Kelowna. It is a classic french style restaurant located in downtown Kelowna but the resturant is neither too old(opened in Kelowna in 2004) nor does it have much seating capacity. Although I am not a wine drinker, I could figure out that the restaurant has an impressive wine list. Also, the restaurant offers some really delicious food. The appetizer that I tried was country style duck rillettes with Madeira and fresh herbs which was unlike my taste. However, what I enjoyed eating was braised rabbit casserole in dijon mustard and tarragon. I definitely recommend trying out the rabbit dish but like me you might find the size of the serving a bit small. One thing I found interesting was that all entrees were being served with famous “pommes frites” (Belgian style fries). The specialities of the restaurant include some mouth watering duck dishes like duck confit glazed with honey and spices in old sherry sauce. So, if you want real french dining experience choose Bouchons Bistro but be careful as it might get a little expensive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cruising on Technorati when I ran across your site. Very nice! I love the shot of the wine room, very old world looking. I want one in my house! :-)
Michael
http://www.mikeysgblog.com