Friday, January 05, 2007

Trip to Las Vegas


I was excited when Manoj said " Aditi, Let's go to Las Vegas for a holiday." I precisely remember it was a hot summer evening when he made this offer. Within a week we packed our bags, gathered as much information as we could about Las Vegas vacation from friends, internet and Travel agents, made reservation with Hotel Aladdin and were off to Vegas for a week in July 2006. We caught a flight from Kelowna to Seattle and then to Las Vegas. Our vacation in Las Vegas was an ultimate experience. This city offers spectacular tours, breathtaking shows and an endless list of action-packed activities. While in Vegas I realised every hotel in Vegas was an amusement centre in itself. Cirque Du Soleil shows which we saw in Vegas were absolutely amazing. It was thrilling to see "Zumanity" which was naughty as well as a daring show. On the other hand "Mystere" offered enchantment beyond comparison. These were two of the best shows in Vegas. It was also enjoyable to discover Las vegas through Monorail. Besides paid shows, many Hotels offer free shows like Sirens of Treasure Island and Dancing Fountains of Bellagio. I grabbed a hold of my favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds wax museum at the hotel Venetian. Other places we enjoyed were Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical gardens and Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. Fine places to eat are Rainforest Cafe(where I was quite impressed by exotic atmosphere and a lightning show) , Ristorante Italiano (if you like Italian Food as much as I do , you can't afford to miss this one), Zanziber Cafe (provides food 24 hrs) and Tamba for Indian cuisine. I also recommend Spice Market Buffet at Alladin which offers incredible variety of food from all over the world. Now, if you are wondering where to party I will suggest "Body English " at Hard Rock Cafe. My Husband and I enjoyed swinging to music that was mainly hip-hop and rock.If you are lucky enough, you might be able to spot a model or two while at this place. All in all Vegas offers you nothing but good time.

No comments: