Friday, January 12, 2007

Movies Review

It is interesting when you can get movie special offers. The other night when I went to Rogers Video store in Kelowna, they were offering three movies for $9.99 otherwise you get one movie for about say $4.99. I was excited to know that I can watch three movies instead of one. I had gone to get "The Interpreter" which wasn't available. So, now the issue was choosing something that I would enjoy watching sitting on my couch with pop in one hand and bowl of popcorn in the other. I thought hard "what do I want to watch?" Do I want to watch comedy, drama, mystery or is it thrill that I am craving for? I went around the movie store looking at different titles, the new arrivals, the academy award winners, foreign movies, so on and so forth. Finally, I picked up three movies which I always wanted to watch but never had a chance to. I chose "A Beautiful Mind," "The Sixth Sense," and "8 Mile." Since last three nights I had been watching one movie each night and critically evaluating them. The movie that I liked the best was "The Sixth Sense" followed by "A Beautiful Mind" and then "8 Mile."

Undoubtedly, Russell Crowe has done an awesome job as a sick mathematician in the movie "A Beautiful Mind." The Movie is very well crafted, touching and so different from usual run of the mill movies. Jennifer Connelly as Alicia Nash plays a true wife who stands by her husband through thick and thin. All in all, movie is really good.



I did not like "8 Mile" that much may be because I was expecting too much from it due to the hype it has caused, may be it was too predictable or simply because it was not my type of a movie. The Movie definitely has some enjoyable rap contests although language is very strong and hardcore.



M Night Shyamalan is one of my favourite directors and I have always been impressed by his works and once again he has proved his directorial capabilities through "The Sixth Sense." Haley Osment as a troubled ten year old child looks absolutely brilliant and Bruce Willis has done justice to his role as a child psychologist. The Movie can be summed up in one word as 'stunning.'

No comments: