Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Clothes Swap



Just imagine clearing old clothes from your closet and getting new clothes without spending any money. Doesn't it sound interesting? Believe me, it's totally fun and it's all about swapping clothes with your friends. Last night I had a chance to get together with bunch of my close girlfriends and swap some stuff. It was amazing how the time went by. Before I left home I told my husband,"Honey,i'll be back in two hours" and imagine when I checked my watch I realised it has been almost three hours of cloth swapping with my buddies. It is fascinating to try on something you like and hear someone say, " Wow, that looks cute" but don't be disheartened if you want to take that pink jacket and realise it's just too big for you. You might as well take it and bring it back on next clothes swap.
So, if you always wanted to get rid of that orange sweater that your aunt gave you as a birthday present or that blue shirt that you brought thinking it looks absolutely chic (but then u realised it is just too tight for you..Perhaps, you've put on some weight) then get ready to invite some friends over and have fun trying on some clothes. Who knows you might get a chance to grab those brown pants that you wanted to buy so badly on christmas sale in 2005 but your best friend picked it up before you even had a chance to look at the price tag. Good thing about clothes swap is that if you never wanted to part with that white jacket in the first place you might continue to see it (ofcourse worn by your friend) if that jacket is lucky enough to find a place in someone's cuboard. Atleast you will not feel guilty of giving away your favourite jacket to a charity or a thrift store. But don't complain if your closet cannot hold all those new clothes that you got from your friends and you feel as if you have more clothes than you thought you will get rid of. What are you waiting for? Get ready to swap till you drop by inviting some of your stylish friends over...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really fun night. I have already gotten use out of two of my new to me items. Looking forward to the next swap! Kelsey

Adi said...

I am glad you enjoyed as much as I did. I guess I am not the only one looking forward to next swap...