Thursday, January 25, 2007

Enjoy Greek cuisine at "YAMAS" , Kelowna

Although I enjoy trying different foods, am not a big fan of Greek Cuisine. Still, I was excited to go to 'Yamas' , a popular Greek restaurant in Kelowna because my friend Michelle said that they have really good authentic Greek food and we were also going to meet some new girls. Basically, it was girls night out. As I entered the restaurant, it did not feel as if I have come to Greece but ambience was quite pleasant. Dim lights of the restaurant created that romantic effect which girls usually like. However, there is a lot of scope for improvement in the decor. Since I love Kalamari, I ordered pan-fried Kalamaris (I am a little health conscious) though you can have them deep fried too. Seasoned with lemon, small fresh cut onions and Greek spices my dish was simply irresistible. Souvlaki, Greek ribs, seafood and steak are some of the other dishes that one can enjoy. I heard other girls say that 'Yamas' offer buffet on weekdays which is worth a try. My friend said Greek salad was awesome. Located in downtown Kelowna on Ellis street, Yamas is one of the best Greek restaurant in the town. All in all my experience at 'Yamas' was pleasurable and not to mention I got an opportunity to make some new friends.

No comments: