Monday, February 05, 2007

Have a quick bite

I remember from my days in India that whenever I use to get hungry or crave for an appetizer, there were always those good old Indian sweet shops around the corner to let you indulge in pure eating decadence. You could pick pakoras , samosas or if the need used to be to eat something sweet..there were umpteen options like jalebi , gulabjamun, burfi, gajar ka halwa and the list goes on. Things seem to have changed now. My brother who is a mumbaite now doesn't trust our typical mithai walas or for that matter there samosas and jalebis. He is totally a burger guy. Scene is totally different here in Kelowna. Quizno subs, Mcdonalds, Tim Hortons, A&W, Wendy's are some of your options if you want a quick bite. Last weekend after having an early dinner and enjoying some old movies I went to bed at about 11.00 clock. Surprisingly, I couldn't sleep and the reason I figured out was hunger pangs. Even my dear hubby was tossing and turning. Apparently he craved for a snack too. We decided to sit on the Internet and explore our options. Most of the eating places in Kelowna close at about 11.00 pm and my husband had declared that I take about half an hour to get ready so we should go to some place which is open late. Our best bet was 'Boston Pizza, Kelowna.' We were relieved to find out that it is open till 2.00 clock in the morning. So, next time you have hunger pangs in the middle of the night, head straight for Boston Pizza.

If you are a foodie like me then do check out some delicious recipes at: Indian Food

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loooooove Indian food. I get a craving for it at least twice a week... (It's not normally something I'd eat.) I especially have a thing for the sweets. Yum.