Monday, February 12, 2007

Movie review 'The Ninth Gate'

Ever heard of a movie called 'The ninth gate?' Can't remember it. Don't worry. I did not know about it either until I saw it on the stand in the movie store. While I was standing there wondering whether to pick it up or not , it crossed my mind I might as well read the cover. I read the cover and it seemed intriguing so I picked it up to watch over the weekend. I am not a big 'Johny Depp' fan but I appreciated his work in 'Pirates of the Caribbean' so I thought I might give this one a try as well . Johny Depp has done a pretty decent job as a book detective in the movie. I like movies which are off beat, unique and thrilling and this one happened to fall in that category. However, I do feel the movie could have been made more intense. Looking at the cover, I thought it to be scary but it was not. Also, in parts, it just seemed too predictable. Nonetheless I enjoyed it, so I would definitely say if you haven't seen it , Why don't you give it a try? I personally feel that the movie left a few things unanswered, if you get a chance to watch it, I would love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I felt it was a bit blah.