Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Movie Review: 300

After a long time, I had a chance to see 'Grand 10' theatre in Kelowna full to its maximum capacity. It was the second week of the movie '300'. It was interesting to see a movie based on Greek history especially kingdom of Sparta and it really made me say 'Wow'. I actually recommended it to my friends telling them that it's an awesome movie and a must watch. While talking to my co-workers, I was so passionate about 300 that one of my co-workers pretended sickness, took a day off and went to watch the movie and later on commented that he wasn't disappointed. 300 is an inspiring tale of bravery and patriotism and it almost reminded me of the poem 'Ulysses' by Lord Alfred Tennyson which I read in grade 9

'Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.'

300 is absolute MUST SEE!

2 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I was amazed by the trailer.

And it's based on a comic by Frank Miller. Though I prefer his old The Dark Knight Returns book to "300".

Adi said...

Its good to know that movie is based on comic by Frank Miller. Would you mind telling more about this book 'The Dark Knight Returns'.