Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Three Fates by Nora Roberts

I have just finished reading 'Three Fates' by Nora Roberts which I borrowed from Kelowna Library and I liked it. I wouldn't say its one of the best novels I have ever read but definitely its fascinating and engaging upto a point. It simply becomes too predicatable midway. I do agree with critics when they say novel has vivid characters and a strong plot but wouldn't say its a suspense thriller and impossible to put down.

Three fates is a novel based on a treasure hunt, romance and interesting theme of Legendary three fates of Greek mythology which were three separate statues ( Called Clotho,Lachesis and Atropus ) linked together by their bases. Three Fates were said to spin the thread of life of a person, determine his destiny and ultimately destroy him in the end and were of value (artistically and historically) only when they were all three together. The story revolves around Anita Gaye-ruthless business woman, Jack Burnedtt- High tech security expert, Tia Marsh- professor of Greek mythology, Cleo Toliver-a stripper and club dancer and Sullivan Family.

I am a voracious reader and enjoy different types of fiction and as a teenager read lot of Sidney Sheldon and Danielle Steele but never had a chance to lay my hands on a novel by Nora Roberts. I am glad I could read 'Three Fates' and am looking forward to reading couple of her other fictional books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Nora.I think she is good.

Adi said...

I am reading another Book by Nora that is Angel Falls and would write about it soon.